Mohawk College named one of the top research colleges in Canada
- Ranked #4 in Canada for Applied Research
- 224 Research Partnerships in 2019-2020
- IDEAWORKS employed 353 students in paid research projects in 2019
Once again Mohawk College was named one of the top research colleges in Canada (now in the top 5 nationally). Here are some other highlights from 2020:
- Mohawk College announced the launch of the Challenge 2025 workforce training program, making a college education more accessible for people, retraining unemployed workers for meaningful employment, and helping regional employers address unfilled jobs in their workforces. It’s just one of many ways we are supporting Small Medium Enterprises (SME) and growth. Quotes from this story might be useful.
Federal Government invests in Hamilton innovation community
- EPIC was named a Technology Access Centre, thanks to the support of NSERC. The TAC will focus its support on the agri-food sector to address energy and other resource challenges and help food and beverage companies in the Golden Horseshoe region reduce their costs and environmental footprint.
New Airport training centre
- The Centre for Aviation Technology at Hamilton International Airport opened in collaboration with KF Aerospace. This 75,000 square foot state-of-the-art new home for Mohawk College’s Aircraft Maintenance Engineering program amalgamates three locations into one and will see over 150 students pass through its doors to train on some of the top machinery available in the nation.
Mohawk partnership with Shopify
- The Mohawk College Centre for Entrepreneurship has partnered with Canadian e-commerce giant, Shopify, to provide students and faculty in Small Business and Entrepreneurship classes with access to all the learning content in Shopify’s Open Learning Platform. The agreement allows students and faculty to gain from Shopify’s training content, the Shopify Badge Program, and learner and faculty resources.
Mohawk AR/VR expertise to support local entrepreneur
- Mohawk will design and develop a prototype for an augmented reality (AR) first aid training program for the Hamilton-based start-up company. The draft release is attached – it will be announced in the coming weeks.
Contact Us for more information.
Witness more of Hamilton’s strength in the tailored experience team members provide to individual businesses: make contact, get information, and connect with experts that can help.