Schedule a Visit
Hamilton welcomes international delegations, study tours, and cultural visits
The City of Hamilton values partnerships and networking opportunities with other municipalities, academic institutions, and organizations worldwide. Building and sustaining international relationships is critical to our vision of becoming a leading city in Canada.
Who can request a visit?
Requests for study tours and delegation visits can be initiated by:
- Embassies in Ottawa and consulates in Toronto
- National, state, provincial, and municipal governments
- Mayor’s offices
- Recognized professional organizations and development agencies
- Hamilton’s twin cities
- International firms looking for expansion opportunities
Visitor interest and intent
- Investment in Hamilton
- Establishing new partnerships
- Soft landing in Hamilton
- Developing projects and initiatives to build economic wealth
- An exchange of ideas
- Working with existing cultural and local organizations
- Sharing customs
- Developing social connections
- Exploring mundialization efforts
Organizations and groups must identify the specific area of interest and have a clear learning objective.
Examples of study tours include:
- Learning about best practices
- Municipal infrastructure
- Urban planning and design
- Sustainability practices,
- Public transportation
- Affordable housing
- Connecting with local academic institutions
Study tours are arranged when a clear mutual benefit is established, such as:
- A technical exchange of information related to important City issues
- Opportunities for economic development
Thank you for your interest in visiting and learning more about the City of Hamilton.
By providing the following information, let us know more about your interests and intentions.