Hamilton’s director of Economic Development, Norm Schleehahn, spoke with Scott Radley on AM900 CHML regarding the significant permit milestone the City of Hamilton achieved in 2022
The City surpassed $1 billion worth of construction value by June – the earliest the City has ever reached the $1 Billion mark. These new developments include 3,761 building projects in the residential, institutional, commercial, and industrial sectors.
- Total construction value up to and including June 2022 includes 72.7% residential, 25.7% industrial/commercial/institutional, and 1.6% miscellaneous.
- This news follows another historic breakthrough as the City of Hamilton achieved $2 billion worth of building permit values last year.
- The $1-Billion-dollar mark was met thirteen days earlier than the previous record set in 2021.
- The City has reached the $1 billion milestone for over ten years in a row.
- These milestones are a key indicator of the City’s prosperous economy and growing community with the addition of jobs, businesses and residents.
Listen in to understand what kind of development is being seen in Hamilton, why 2022 has been such a success and how these developments are impacting the City.
For more information: