Hamilton Economic Development will update this page as more information on the Small Business Relief Grant becomes available
The Government of Ontario has announced a Small Business Relief Grant for all businesses that are subject to closure under the modified Step Two of the Roadmap to Reopen. Eligible businesses will receive a grant of $10,000.
To receive the grant a small business must:
- Be required to close due to public health orders that took effect on January 5, 2022
- Have fewer than 100 employees
The Government of Ontario will be screening all businesses who previously qualified for the Ontario Small Business Support Grant to verify their eligibility for the new program. These businesses will not need to apply for the new program.
Newly established and newly eligible small businesses will need to apply once the application portal opens in the coming weeks. Small businesses that qualify can expect to receive their payment in the coming weeks.
Eligible small businesses include:
- restaurants and bars
- facilities for indoor sports and recreational fitness activities (including fitness centres and gyms)
- performing arts and cinemas
- museums, galleries, aquariums, zoos, science centres, landmarks, historic sites, botanical gardens and similar attractions
- performing arts venues and cinemas, museums, galleries, aquariums, zoos, science centres, landmarks, historic sites, botanical gardens and similar attractions
- meeting or event spaces
- tour and guide services
- conference centres and convention centres
- driving instruction for individuals
- before- and after- school program
Further information on how businesses can apply will be released by the Government of Ontario in the coming weeks.
For additional information on the Ontario Business Cost Rebate Program, and Improving Cash Flows for Ontario Businesses Program, please click this link.