When you operate a business in Ontario, you are responsible for charging, collecting, and remitting the appropriate taxes.
Your business type, location, and legal structure will determine which taxes will apply to you and what you will need to submit. These resources will give you an overview of the different taxes that may affect your business and provide you with information on tools, programs, and services that can help you meet your business tax obligations.
FedDev Ontario – Taxation Guide
Find out what tax requirements your business might have.
Topics covered include:
- The basics
- Income taxes
- Municipal taxes
- Tax information for employers
- Keeping and correcting tax records
- Other resources
Tax Refunds and Credits
The Province of Ontario offers tax refunds and credits to businesses operating in Ontario. Learn more about these incentives and find out if your business qualifies.
Business Income Tax
Learn about the business income you need to report if you’re self-employed, a business owner, or a partner working in the Province of Ontario.
Government of Canada – Tax Resources
The Government of Canada offers a variety of tax and finance resources to help small business owners and self-employed individuals. Use the checklist for small businesses to learn more about the tax implications of owning a small business.
- Checklist for Small Businesses
- Government of Canada Finance & Tax Resources
- Government of Canada Income Tax Resources (personal, business, corporation, trust, international, and non-resident income tax)
- Small Businesses and Self-employed Income (sole proprietorships, partnerships, self-employed individuals, including those earning income from commissions)
- GST/HST for Businesses (collect, file, and remit (pay) the GST/HST)
- GST/HST Calculator (and rates)
- Forms & Publications (forms, guides, tax packages, and other Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) publications)
Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) – Tax Resources
Finance & Tax Webinars
Be sure to visit the Hamilton Business Centre and Small Business Centres Ontario calendars of events for upcoming finance and tax-related webinars.
Last updated: 3/14/2023