Applications are now being accepted for the Fall 2020 cohort! Please review the following documents below and submit a completed intake form to StarterCompany@hamilton.ca by 12pm on Monday, October 20, 2020.
Late submissions will not be accepted nor considered for future cohorts.
(* Electronic submissions only. Handwritten submissions will not be accepted.)
- 18 years of age and over
- Ontario resident – living in Hamilton
- Canadian Citizen/Permanent Resident
- Not attending school full-time; not working outside the business more than 20 hours per week
- Operating a full-time business in Hamilton (35+ hours per week)
- Not enrolled in another self-employment program
- The applicant is fully responsible for the ongoing operation of the business and is the majority shareholder (at least 50%) in the case of a corporation
- Agree to follow all government rules and regulations for operating a business
Business Activity Eligibility
- Business is operational and sales ready – operating between six months and two years (must prove sales and operation)
- Business is an independent business venture
- Business does not rely on commission sales
- Business is not an existing franchise operation
- Business operates at arm’s length from family business ventures
- Business operates full-time as defined in the business plan (35+ hours per week)
- Business maintains it’s own books and records
- Business maintains a separate business bank account
If you do not qualify for the Fall 2020 cohort, you are welcome and encouraged to add your name and email address to our wait list. Everyone signed up on the wait list will be notified as soon as the Winter 2021 cohort is announced – approximate timeline is December 1st, 2020.
While you wait to hear about SCP, we encourage you to start and grow your business, as well as take advantage of the other resources and services the Hamilton Business Centre offers including workshops and FREE consultations.join the wait list today