Summer Company is a key component of the Ontario government’s young entrepreneurs programs, which aims to encourage more young people to turn their talents into creative and innovative businesses.
Summer Company provides hands-on, business training and mentoring, together with awards of up to $3,000 to help enterprising students start up and run their own summer businesses.learn more
Eligible candidates must be:
- between the ages of 15 and 29 (if under 18: a parent or guardian must sign the agreement for the applicant)
- attending school and returning to school in the fall of 2024
- a resident of Ontario
- a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident
- starting a new business
- not working at another job or attending school for more than 12 hours per week during the duration of the program
- prepared to commit a minimum of 8-12 consecutive weeks full-time to the experience
- able to work over the summer program period: a minimum of 280 hours if you’re a high school student. a minimum of 420 hours if you’re a post-secondary student
How to Apply:
Applications for the Summer Company 2024 cohort are now OPEN. Submit your application eligibility inquiry today. The application deadline is May 3, 2024.
- Click on the “Apply for Summer Company 2024” button above to submit your eligibility inquiry or click here
- Once submitted, a program manager will reach out to discuss your applications and next steps
- If your application meets the program’s requirements, your program manager will invite you for an interview to discuss your business idea
- After the interview, your program manager will let you know if you’ve been approved to participate in the program
- If you have any questions, call the Hamilton Business Centre office at (905) 540-6400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Guides & Resources:
2021 Summer Company Graduates:
Three Brothers Design
Hello, I’m Nathan, owner of Three Brothers Design. Three Brothers Design offers full media production/videography services to small businesses in Hamilton and the GTA area.
I personally aim to provide the highest quality productions and value to the customer at an affordable price, making online branding and marketing with stunning videos easy. Our services range from real estate virtual tours, business promotional videos, website bio videos, and other online content.
The Summer Company experience has been very helpful especially the mentorship from local business partners and professionals.
Sweets by Harleen
Hi! I’m Harleen and I started my own business called Sweets by Harleen. I create a variety of tasty treats such as chocolate-covered strawberries, cakepops, cakesicles, edible bouquets, and balloon baskets. I truly enjoy the detail-oriented aspects of my business such as decorating and taking orders from customers. I love seeing my customers’ reactions to their one-of-a-kind boxes.
I’m am very excited to be participating in the Summer Company program this year and I’m looking forward to learning from the many resources that the program has to offer, and the opportunity for me to network and establish relationships with business professionals and other young entrepreneurs.
The Clean Freak
Hello, my name is Riley and I own a detailing company called “The Clean Freak”. I detail anything from cars to boats.
This company allows me to combine my passion for cars with a service that is in high demand. Many car owners have limited time, products, equipment, or capability to detail their own cars. I offer an assortment of packages at a great price. I use the highest quality products and tools to ensure every vehicle looks brand new.
I am really enjoying the Summer Program and everything it has to offer. My goal is to learn as much as I can and to create valuable contacts that I know will help me further my business.