Work for the best boss ever. You!
Are you a student searching for a summer job? Have you ever wanted to start your own business around your passion or skills but are unsure of where to start? The Summer Company program can help turn your vision into reality. Be your own boss while learning what it takes to manage a business.apply today!
Summer Company is a key component of the Ontario government’s young entrepreneurs programs, which aims to encourage more young people to turn their talents into creative and innovative businesses. Summer Company provides hands-on, business training and mentoring, together with awards of up to $3,000 to help enterprising students start up and run their own summer businesses.
Eligible candidates must be:
- between 15-29 years of age
- a student returning to school in the fall of 2023
- a resident of Ontario
- a Canadian citizen or Landed Immigrant
- not operating an existing business or employed full-time over the course of the summer
- prepared to commit a minimum of 8-12 consecutive weeks full-time to the experience.
How to Apply:
The application deadline for the Summer Company 2023 cohort is April 28th at 11:59 p.m.
- Click on the “Apply Today” button above to visit the Summer Company eligibility tool or click here
- Complete the eligibility checklist and click “Check My Eligibility”
- Once completed, if you qualify you will be asked if you want to apply. If you say yes, you will be taken to the application page
- After the application is completed and submitted, you will be contacted by your local program provider (Hamilton Business Centre)
- If you have any questions, call the HBC office at (905) 540-6400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Guides & Resources:
- Summer Company sample business plan (PDF)
- Summer Company sample business plan (MS Word)
- Summer Company program guidelines
- Summer Company yearbook
2021 Summer Company Graduates:
Three Brothers Design
Hello, I’m Nathan, owner of Three Brothers Design. Three Brothers Design offers full media production/videography services to small businesses in Hamilton and the GTA area.
I personally aim to provide the highest quality productions and value to the customer at an affordable price, making online branding and marketing with stunning videos easy. Our services range from real estate virtual tours, business promotional videos, website bio videos, and other online content.
The Summer Company experience has been very helpful especially the mentorship from local business partners and professionals.
Sweets by Harleen
Hi! I’m Harleen and I started my own business called Sweets by Harleen. I create a variety of tasty treats such as chocolate-covered strawberries, cakepops, cakesicles, edible bouquets, and balloon baskets. I truly enjoy the detail-oriented aspects of my business such as decorating and taking orders from customers. I love seeing my customers’ reactions to their one-of-a-kind boxes.
I’m am very excited to be participating in the Summer Company program this year and I’m looking forward to learning from the many resources that the program has to offer, and the opportunity for me to network and establish relationships with business professionals and other young entrepreneurs.
The Clean Freak
Hello, my name is Riley and I own a detailing company called “The Clean Freak”. I detail anything from cars to boats.
This company allows me to combine my passion for cars with a service that is in high demand. Many car owners have limited time, products, equipment, or capability to detail their own cars. I offer an assortment of packages at a great price. I use the highest quality products and tools to ensure every vehicle looks brand new.
I am really enjoying the Summer Program and everything it has to offer. My goal is to learn as much as I can and to create valuable contacts that I know will help me further my business.