What Does The Program Do?
As an independent small business or artist, The ShopHERE powered by Google program:
- Helps you create and configure your online store
- Trains you on how to manage it
- Provides support to get your online store live
- Helps with marketing the store
ShopHERE is open to all small independent businesses and artists that meet the following requirements:
- Is a registered business in Ontario
- Has a commercial location or is home-based
- Under 10 full time employees (25 if a restaurant)
- Is not a corporate chain or franchise
- Be an artist (must be a registered business or have an H.S.T. number)
* Eligible businesses and artists must be located in a participating municipality to be eligible. The ShopHERE program is free for participants to signup and have an online store built. Businesses are responsible for any third-party platform fees after any applicable trial ends.
Hamilton ShopHERE Success Stories:
Before starting her lifestyle brand Local Accent, based in Hamilton, Ontario, founder Krysten Brunski was uncertain of how to launch and manage an online store. That is why she signed up for the ShopHERE Powered by Google Program, where she was able to get the support she needs to materialize her business idea.
Krysten was connected with two eCommerce Coordinators who provided one-on-one support throughout the website creation and launch process. Sunny Kim assisted with the set-up of Krysten’s Shopify store while Carmen Tan helped with design and layout. Both coordinators went above and beyond to ensure a smooth launch for Local Accent. With the help of her two lovely eCommerce Coordinators, Krysten was able to create an online store that closely matches the vision and aesthetic of Local Accent.
Jelaine’s Foster, founder of Soltera Ring is a young entrepreneur who has set out to change “what single looks like” because she feels it’s time to stop assuming someone’s relationship status based on their appearance.
Jelaine’s eCommerce site was built by the ShopHERE Program Powered By Google through Digital Main Street. As a small business owner, Jelaine knew that launching a product that promotes in-person relationships during the COVID-19 Pandemic was going to be challenging, and that she would have to shift her game plan. What helped the most along her ShopHERE journey was that her eCommerce Coordinator showed a passion for her business; offering new ideas and valuable insights on how Jelaine could improve her online presence, and reach a larger audience.
Play. Full. Goods
Located in Hamilton, Ontario, PLAY. FULL. GOODS offers pre-made and custom quilts for babies and young children. Each quilt comes wrapped in a bow and is accompanied by a tag, making it a simple and thoughtful gift option.
When asked how her business operated before the ShopHERE Program, Denise admitted that she felt unprofessional and was struggling to reach new customers on Instagram and Etsy. With the help of the program, Denise has been able to successfully grow her business and expand her clientele: “the program allowed me to have a professional online presence and a proper way of selling my product.” “I’ve had over 100 orders come in since my site launched,” shared excited Denise. Bringing in more traffic and sales than she could ever imagine.