📣 10 Steps to Starting a Business
The 10 Steps to Starting a Business workshop requires pre-registration. Visit hamiltonbusinesscentre.eventbrite.com to choose the date and time you wish to attend.
- This event has passed.
Starter Company Plus Information Session (Virtual)
April 25, 2022 @ 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm
Starter Company Plus is a training and mentoring program for start-up businesses less than 1 year in age. At this time we are seeking new RETAIL businesses with commercial locations.
This program offers opportunities for FREE training in Business Planning, Marketing, and Social Media, as well as Bookkeeping and Financial Management.
PLUS, there is an ongoing FREE mentorship opportunity AND funding opportunities of up to $5,000 for eligible businesses approved into the program.
- 18 years of age and over
- Ontario resident – living in Hamilton
- Canadian Citizen/Permanent Resident
- Not attending school full-time; not working outside the business more than 20 hours per week
- Operating a full-time business in Hamilton (35+ hours per week)
- Not enrolled in another self-employment program
- The applicant is fully responsible for the ongoing operation of the business and is the majority shareholder (at least 50%) in the case of a corporation
- Agree to follow all government rules and regulations for operating a business
Business Activity Eligibility:
- Business is in the start-up and/or operational phase (less than 1 year in age)
- Businesses must have a commercial retail location
- Businesses must be sales-ready within the funding timeframe
- Business is an independent business venture
- Business does not rely on commission sales
- Business is not an existing franchise operation
- Business operates at arm’s length from family business ventures
- Business operates full-time as defined in the business plan (35+ hours per week)
- Business must have less than 3 employees
- Business maintains its own books and records
- Business maintains a separate business bank account
- Business does not have any municipal or provincial regulations (for example culinary or food-based businesses)
The next application deadline is 11:59 pm on May 1st, 2022.
*** Registration is required. A-Zoom link invitation will be sent to registrants only.
If you are running late or unable to attend, please cancel your registration via email or call 905-540-6400.