- This event has passed.
Get to Know Your Local Hamilton Shopper (Make Better-informed Business Decisions with Data)
April 11, 2023 @ 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
Delivery: Online (via ZOOM)
Interested in gaining insights on local demographics which may help you make better-informed business decisions?
In this information session, demographic information for 10 different communities in Hamilton will be explored. Any business that exists within a fifteen-minute walking distance of these areas may find the information in the presentation useful.
This demographic information comes from Community Market Profiles acquired by the Hamilton Business Centre through My Main Street’s Local Business Accelerator program. These profiles were generated using the data set of Environics Analytics, one of North America’s “leading data, analytics, and marketing services companies”.
Topics will include:
- Consumer segments living in the area. With knowledge on consumer segments, you will better understand the groups living around your business. This understanding may allow you to make more appealing products, services, and messaging.
- Local values. Local values can be used to inspire and improve your marketing message. The information session will provide examples on how this can be done.
- Top reasons why locals follow brands on social media. With this information, you will know what social media content is more likely to generate followers. With more followers on social media, your business will have greater exposure, potentially increasing sales.
Areas covered include:
- Hess Village
- King West BIA
- Locke Street BIA
- Main West Esplanade BIA
- James Street Corridor
- Concession Street BIA
- International Village BIA
- King Street East Corridor
- Stoney Creek
Explore the free seminars and workshops offered through Small Business Centres Ontario. Small Business Centres Ontario is the larger association supporting all 54 Small Business Centres across Ontario providing entrepreneurs with a full range of support services needed to start and successfully grow their small businesses.
Explore Available Events