- This event has passed.
Access To Professionals (Business Legal): Virtual Sessions
September 14, 2023 @ 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Are you looking for business legal advice?
When running your own business there are many legal issues you’ll need to consider. Whether it’s how to best develop your business structure, protect your brand, review contracts, or deal with human resources questions. The Access to Professionals series provides an opportunity for you to meet with a professional for a 30-minute, one-on-one meeting and gives you the opportunity to ask any of those burning questions you may have about your business.
A to P business legal professionals can address most common questions such as:
- I’m starting a business. Do I need to incorporate?
- Should I operate as a sole proprietorship or a corporation?
- I’m starting a business with someone else. Should we operate as a partnership or a corporation?
- Should I incorporate federally or provincially?
- How do I start a not-for-profit?
- What rules do I have to follow when naming my business?
- Do I have to register my business name?
- What should I look out for when signing a commercial lease?
- I’ve been asked to stop using my company’s name or logo
- What records do I have to keep or file to maintain my corporation?
- I need help writing or reviewing a business document or contract
To learn more about the Access to Professionals program please visit: https://investinhamilton.ca/hamilton-business-centre/access-to-professionals-2/
How to book a session:
Sessions are free (Zoom, phone), booked in 30-minute intervals (1-4 pm).
Those wishing to participate MUST complete the form found by clicking on the “Register Now” button below. Once received, a Hamilton Business Centre representative will then reach out to schedule your 30-minute, one-on-one meeting time.
Explore the free seminars and workshops offered through Small Business Centres Ontario. Small Business Centres Ontario is the larger association supporting all 54 Small Business Centres across Ontario providing entrepreneurs with a full range of support services needed to start and successfully grow their small businesses.
Explore Available Events